Search the forum,

Discuss Heatmiser UH8 noisy relay in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys. Just bench testing my wiring centre. It all performs as it should but the relay makes a bit of a racket while it's waiting for the valves to open before it calls for heat. Only does it on a UFH zone, if using the rad zone its silent as I guess as it's not delaying/activating the pump.

So I suppose it's the time delay relay that makes the noise? My question is, is this normal. It doesn't seem half bad in the video but it's fairly noisy in reality.

Pump replaced with light bulb in the bench test.

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• uh8noise.mp4
    4.4 MB
I suspect that’s the reason it was sold faulty

Also the relay should come on instantly eg you switch on the zone light should light up

I assumed the delay between that was it was waiting for the zone valve to short out the grey and orange.
I've checked and I actually got it from Amazon, so I've ordered another one to see if it's the same or not and then 'return' it... đź‘€

No that’s not normal
I assumed the delay between that was it was waiting for the zone valve to short out the grey and orange.
I've checked and I actually got it from Amazon, so I've ordered another one to see if it's the same or not and then 'return' it... đź‘€

But you haven’t got a zone valve ?

I'll swap it out tomorrow and report back

I've got 2 zone valves. 3 I guess if you include the diverter valve but that's rigged to the rad valve to work in conjunction.

You sure that noise isn’t the zone valve ?

Afraid not, the wiring centre is on a different floor to the zone valves. It's definitely from the relay as it's only present when the WC activates I guess the pump circuit before it calls for heat On the rad zone (zone 8) it doesn't do it.

Replacement wiring centre is a lot quieter. Still hums while the relay is waiting to switch, but significantly quieter.

Cheers guys, admin please feel free to close or remove the thread!

Attachments

• HeatmiserV2.mp4
    4.7 MB

Reply to Heatmiser UH8 noisy relay in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Heatmiser UH8-RF controlling my underfloor heating, connected to the NeoHub with three zones with NeoStat v1 thermostats. This is about 3 years old now and when setup everything was installed worked fine. All the main current functions work - I can control the UFH with the app and it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Boiler is a Viessmann 100-w (2021 version) heatmiser uh8-rf heatmiser rf switch (intended for boiler enable only) Heatmiser neoair thermostats I live so far north that there isn't a Viessmann installer local to me, however after speaking to Viessmann my local heating engineer was placed on a...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Hi. First time poster. I've just had a new bathroom fitted in my loft and am having an issue with noisy taps - modern mono mixer. Not water hammer, but when they are half on they make a noise that I find unacceptable, yet my plumber insists this is just the way it is. However, my other taps...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock