Discuss Heatrae Sadia Megaflo problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
MegaFlow probably won't honour warranty if you add a expansion vessel, but that's a good idea.

For anyone interested.... I still have this problem!!

Still havent been able to sort this!

First bloke never turned up 4 days on the trot, so told him to do one.

Next bloke has been busy, but has popped in a few times to try and sort. He said the mixer in the kitchen is not the problem (We just had a new sink fitted)

He fitted a 3 bar reducing valve to the incoming underneath the kitchen sink... Still not sorted.

Think he's coming back next week...

I'm having to turn the water off to the cyl every time I go out, or to sleep etc. This is really doing my head in.

MegaFlow probably won't honour warranty if you add a expansion vessel, but that's a good idea.

Heatrae won't touch it, as it was fitted over 10 years ago anyway.

Plus, there is already an expansion vessel fitted

If you now have a 3bar pressure reducing valve on incoming mains (assuming it is working) and water is still discharging at Megaflow, then unless you have another branch of the mains somewhere else that is not pressure regulated & going to a mixer, you must have something wrong at Megaflow.
Are you sure that you don't have a sealed heating system with its discharge pipe linked into Megaflows discharge? Filling loop passing water?

Or mains mixing with the hot at one of your six mixers. You need a G3 plumber fellow

Yesterday, I turned the water of to the entire house.

Opened lowest hot, and opened T&P until drained.

What confused me is that, although the discharge through the tundish slowed to a drip, it was still dripping continuously even though the hot is drained and the incoming is off!

PS. G3 is coming round again this week. This forum will possibly help me tell him any suggestions.

Does sound like you have a faulty valve (which I think you got replaced?). Maybe a bit of crud in it?

Yesterday, I turned the water of to the entire house.

Opened lowest hot, and lopened T&P until drained.

What confused me is that, although the discharge through the tundish slowed to a drip, it was still dripping continuously even though the hot is drained and the incoming is off!

PS. G3 is coming round again this week. This forum will possibly help me tell him any suggestions.

A decent G3 plumber should be able to narrow down to whatever is causing the discharge in a matter of seconds!
Only thing that would cause any problems for a plumber would be if he found it to be a mixer somewhere passing, but couldn't isolate them to test.

A decent G3 plumber should be able to narrow down to whatever is causing the discharge in a matter of seconds!
Only thing that would cause any problems for a plumber would be if he found it to be a mixer somewhere passing, but couldn't isolate them to test.

I think that's the point in which he's at. Shower mixer iso valves behind tiles etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatrae Sadia Megaflo problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back