Discuss Hello! (And advice!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alhandra

Hi

I'm new and thought I'd introduce myself! Also to ask advice! Sorry, can't see where to put this!

Sure it's something you've heard a million and one times, but I'm a 27 year old female and I am looking to get into plumbing. To save everyone asking, I want to do it because I enjoy working with my hands and my brain, I like to fix and repair and plumbing fascinates me. I am not in this to make a load of money.

I am hitting the same wall as most people - I am reluctant to go on these miracle courses - they sound phoney to me - but how does someone of my age and gender get in without going down this route? Lord knows no one will give me an apprenticeship, I've tried but keep being told no girls and I'm too old.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could shed some light as to the best way to learn the trade - fully (I'm not interested in short cuts) and to gain employment whilst doing so. I am unemployed so can devote 100% of my time to it.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum

the best way is to sign up with your local collage courses start in september but you will need to get in now to stand any chance of a place, then when you have made the effort to start training phone, write and email all the companys in your area and keep your fingers crossed,

good luck

If you are unemployed you can probably train for nothing. Talk to your college. Write to local plumbing companies. (dont phone we get enough junk phone calls so Your call wont be given a lot of time or thought)

I'm at training centre at the moment and at same centre is a 6129 course with 2 females on it, one of whom is approx 40-50 and was a bus driver previously, she's getting on with it and doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello! (And advice!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock