Search the forum,

Discuss Hello I have water coming through the ceiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber0808

Underneath the bathroom you fitted a couple of weeks ago, it's dripping at a decent rate.

Nothing worse than this phone call. I poo'd myself, then told her to turn the water off.

got there and she has had a new kitchen fitted 2 days ago, it was leaking on the pipework behind the newly fitted base units. I could see it dripping when I removed the kick boards, worked its way along the floor and was dripping into the flat downstairs.

i had to stop myself from yelling out thank F it is not a leak of mine.

Call out charge and I'm out of here

glad to hear you fixed it for her. In future, she will call the last trades person in first b4 blaming previous one

Push fitski?

it was a soldered joint, the kitchen fitter phoned me up when he got there and asked if I can come and fix it.

He had cut the back of the unit out to reveal the pipework and said to me he didn't want to try to solder it as the gas pipe was traveling right in front of it.

Had one the other week (fitted the boiler in loft there 4 years ago).
'yes hello, I have water in my airing cupboard and I think it's coming somewhere from the pipes'

get there and she's emptied the cupboard out, turned out was a split shampoo bottle had spilt everywhere and hadn't noticed the gloopiness and smell of the 'water' .
to be fair the lady is old though.

glad to hear you fixed it for her. In future, she will call the last trades person in first b4 blaming previous one

I didn't fix it for her, you have to allow the bloke who done it the opportunity to repair it otherwise I will charge her for the repair.
He would then be counter charged without even being given the chance

Had one the other week (fitted the boiler in loft there 4 years ago).
'yes hello, I have water in my airing cupboard and I think it's coming somewhere from the pipes'

get there and she's emptied the cupboard out, turned out was a split shampoo bottle had spilt everywhere and hadn't noticed the gloopiness and smell of the 'water' .
to be fair the lady is old though.

I think she phoned me because she knows I will go out and have a look which is fair enough.

she said she's had no end of trouble with the kitchen trades.

dont know how you could miss a leak like that though, it was dripping well to say the least. Concrete floors so it took a while to show.

A customers son called me to say; ''There is water coming down our kitchen ceiling. My dad gave me your number. We have turned everything off. Can you help please, we are frightened. BTW, we think it is coming from the Central Heating pipes as it stopped when we turned the boiler off''.

Went there and first thing I checked was boiler. It was a Combi boiler. Pressure was at 1.3 bar and holding. They showed me heating pipe dropping from kitchen ceiling where they said water had been dripping.
For a start, I informed them it could not be the boiler heating pipes. Next basin, heating pipes run underneath floorboards there. Lifted boards, wet but not convinced. Removed bath panels.
It turns out bath seal had splits in various places, and his wife had used shower hose to wash tiles above bath. The water had then found its way past seal, along floorboards and discharged at lowest point. Crazy.

How much do you want, He asked? Nothing, I said. Do not worry about it.
OK, he said have ÂŁ20 and have a drink on me.

my call at 10pm last night was, you put in a boiler for the owner where we are staying recently and we can smell gas in the bathroom! SO i siad what about in the kitchen where the gas pipe runs, no only in the bathroom. So having thought a bit I offered to go mid morning today, based on the fact I had tested my work properly, transco had replaced the meter and tested their pipework and i tested it again on commissioning the boiler so the basin trap had dried out it being a holiday let. So my last comment, I will charge if there's no leak best to turn off the meter overnight, being careful an all that. Got a phone call 0639 this morning, dont bother to come, the gas board (wales n west I presume) came out last night and there isn't a leak, probably the drains. Nice of them to let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon she will charge anyway as you have charged a call out

She did say she would be forwarding my bill on to the kitchen fitter.

I didn't have time to fix it, because of that call out I didn't stop all day.

Ate my sandwiches, 2 packets of crisps and a banana while driving home.
Then had a burger and chips for dinner, my whole days worth of food consumed within 1 hr can't be good

Then had a burger and chips for dinner, my whole days worth of food consumed within 1 hr can't be good

You're going to need to join us on the biggest looser thread if you keep that up ;)

It's the most annoying thing about this job.

'Hi, something I am incapable of describing properly is happening. It may be something to do with something you did. If you don't drop everything and race round here with a right stress-on we could end up suing you into the stone age. Of course if it turns out it's nothing to do with you we are happy to compensate you with a few notes for your disrupted day and mini heart-attack"

Google Intermittent Fasting, not quite as extreme as eating everything in 1 hour but it's a really good way to lose weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello I have water coming through the ceiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock