Discuss Hello! I've got a faulty boiler :-( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernardo

Hello I'm new and not a plumber, Was after some advice on an oil burner which intermittently goes to lockout.

Burner ran fine last year.. we've struck it up to see if it still works and bad news. It's a Reillo burner with the grey box and large red lock out button.

Boiler can fire and run as normal, shuts off when it hits temp, however when the stat clicks on the boiler front to bring about the next cycle, the control box has a low buzz (should have fan but no fan at this stage) followed by another click/buzz where it would normally be ignition (this lasts for 1-3 seconds) before the lockout light comes on.

pressing the lockout button just brings the buzz back and the same situation again, repeatedly pressing the lockout button can bring the fan on and then it goes through the normal firing process and runs until the stat shuts it off.

Any thoughts? would be most appreciated, as if easy fix I'd rather that than call someone out Many thanks if you have any advice B

Yep. Know exactly what the problem is. And it's not a diy repair.

The advice is to get an oftec engineer in to take a look.

Thanks for your reply, quick search around seems to point to a capacitor, do you know how much it's likely to be to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello! I've got a faulty boiler :-( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed...
Replies
Views
Hi, We had our annual oil burner service carried out by a well known Norfolk firm last Thursday and all was great for a day. Came home from work...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock