Discuss Hello! :-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughieboy

Gas Engineer
Hi All,

I'm Hugh, GS/Corgi registered engineer for 18 years from the Bucks/Oxon border.

I've been involved in fireplaces and gas fires all my working life (28years!), have been an employee, a retailer with a shop and these days I sub-contract to other retailers and install/service for the general public. I also install cookers and work with both NG and LPG.

I've joined on here to get more involved with the wider world of plumbing and heating, after all this time I'm looking to get more involved in heating/boiler servicing and although I have and maintain all the qualifications (CEN1/CCN1/CPA1) I don't have a vast amount of hands on experience.

I'm looking forward to trawling the forums and seeing what's about and hopefully getting some advice on the best courses to attend (manufacturers or otherwise) to get the best practical knowledge of different appliances, multimeters and fault finding techniques etc. What courses are good, which are not so good......

So that's me, if anyone needs any advice or help with fire/fireplace related issues feel free to ask as I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions about boilers and plumbing!

welcome to the madhouse Hughie

Word of advice mate, we have a strict policy on gas on the UKPF, we don't discuss the techinical ins and outs on the open forums, we have a private gsr forum for that.

Need you to increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK with your gsr details, you will then be checked and then get access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello! :-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock