Search the forum,

Discuss Help advice needed re external stopcock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Beverley

The outside stopcock has broken off and the indoor one has completely seized up, the local water company have advised they no longer maintain the outside stopcock, has anyone got any suggestions on how we can deal with this

Never heard of that one it's the water companies property and they have a responsibility to maintain and or replace the external stopcock these as needed I've had a few freed off and replaced no issues by Anglian water and essex and Suffolk , your internal one is your responsibility and really needs to be accessible and work employ a local plumber it's a simple process if you have the kit . Kop

This must be a stopcock on private property either on a shared service to other houses or just an extra one for a single house.

It will not be the main stopcock at the local water co's main, they will maintain that and will not allow others to work on it.

Did anyone come out to see this stopcock or was it an over the phone statement?

Without showing any house numbers or street names can you photograph the outside stopcock / path / driveway and along the pavement outside your house?

Reply to Help advice needed re external stopcock in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock