Discuss Help! - As a PLUMBER we need your help to define diamond core tile drill sizes kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

Help we need your opinion on what other drill sizes you need.

What would be your dream sizes in a kit of diamond core drills for tiles and hard stone?

We have been asked by a large plumbing chain outlet to produce the ultimate diamond core drill set for you guys. But for us to get that many diamond cores into one pack we will have to swap from our clam shell packaging to a little case. In the mockup unit below there are TWELVE diamond cores and the retail price point looks to be about £139.99 for the complete set.

155196_462734277013_617362013_5633047_4337527_n.jpg

MOCKUP: £139.99 for twelve drills. But have they got the sizes right?

I am not convinced their buyers have got the sizes right. This is where I need your help. What sizes do YOU think will be popular?

Starting from our main pack below:

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/kit2.jpg
£49.99 = SEVEN drills in five standard sizes. £7.15 per drill.

With the above as a starting point I thought the sizes you guys would need to ADD would be

1) 18mm - Reason - Extra room on radiator pipes
2) 25mm - Reason - Correct size for 22mm bath pipes
3) 35mm - Reason - Monoblock taps for sinks
4) 45mm - Reason - Larger bath waste of 40mm internal diameter pipe
-------------
Plus
-------------
5) 6mm x 2 (Total box would have 4x6mm) Reason - Main holes are the rawl plugs
6) 8mm x 2 As above.

Total extra number of cores in the pack. 7+8 = 15 cores.

Retail Price Point: From £99 ro £150

Does this seem like value for money? Are my sizes correct? Have I missed anything?

163262_462413292013_617362013_5627029_941213_n.jpg

All bathrooms need holes. Would a 15 core set, with the diamond cores set out in a case be popular? Or are we missing a trick.

4 x 6mm | 4 x 8mm | 1 x 16mm, 18mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm

Your thoughts.. PLEASE !

Re: Help! - As a PLUMBER we need your help to define diamond core tile drill sizes ki

I use 6 mm for showers and 8mm for things heavier although towel rads always 10 mm. plus the wall hung basins require 14mm. On another note I think the pointy tile drill bits are much better like the ones bosch do for all small sizes as with the diamond ones you have no arbour so you need to use the guide thing, do you do the pointy tipped ones ? Cheers

Re: Help! - As a PLUMBER we need your help to define diamond core tile drill sizes ki

i agree with john maybe 3 x 6mm 3 x 8mm 10mm 14mm 16mm 18mm 25mm 30mm 35mm 40mm 45mm all in a case would be good maybe two guides as well.

Never used any others than, 8mm, 14mm, 18mm, 25mm, 35mm, 45mm.
Any others pointless as a few mill larger is never seen anyway so i rather have 2 of the sizes above.

Great feedback guys. Yes the only other size that seemed to be banded about is the soil stack at 110mm (we always recommend the 115mm because most extract fans are that size)

http://www.*********.com/google/115mm.jpg

The 115mm is often asked for - But should it be part of a "set"??? At the moment my gut feeling is saying no.

The sizes you all quote above seem sensible too.
And yes if they were pairs.

do you do the pointy tipped ones ? Cheers

Short answer is no - we only do the diamond cores. This is the small pack of 6mm or 8mm diamond core drills

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/kit6mm3.jpg

Used for the red 6mm plugs http://www.*********.com/jpgs/redplug.jpg or the brown 8mm heavier duty plus http://www.*********.com/jpgs/redplug2.jpg

We deleted the spear point ones because we found on rock hard granite, marble and porcelain tiles they got red hot and burnt out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't think many other sizes are needed. They'll just sit in the kit unused. Your existing standard kit is plenty. If you are hell bent on producing a larger kit, then I would triple up on the smaller sizes like 6mm which we burn through quite quickly, double up on the 15mm, and include the 115mm. Then you have a kit which will get used.

PS - I own your existing standard kit. Its great.

instead of messing about going all the way to africa diamond mining then sticking it all on a cut off chrome towel raiser tube;-
do you think there will be a bigger profitable market if you just sold packets of holes?

just a thought.lol.

so can we have a FREE SET THEN M8 NICE ON THANKS OR EVEN A GUIDE AS IV LOST MINE LOL

Hey thanks for the updates guys. Dealing with them one at a time

Free Guide Plate - Email me with your home address and I will make sure we send out replacements.

REDSAW - Yes I would love to sell a bag of holes. Can you imagine Steven Hawkins buying a bag of holes and looking for the black ones.

Danny - Thanks for the purchase in the past. Yes I think we are "hell bent" on having a bigger kit. Its being demanded - not by the tiling industry - but by the plumbing industry or rather the plumbing RETAILERS. But rather than just make a kit which they specified like a lost sheep we thought we would ask questions from the working coal face (you guys) as to what is used. I just think the buyers, in their suits and ties are sitting there dreaming up what they THINK you need - not what you want. I've done it in the past myself where I have bought a selection box to only find I want half of the contents. It does look like a bigger kit (or range of kits) are coming in 2011 so its just a matter of working out how many variations and what to put in them. I still think a £300 kit, a £200 kit and a £100 kit is the way forward. And then we keep the £49.99 basic set as our staple in the market. I also agree that loading the big kits with 6mm and 8mm cores is a good idea too. More of them.

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/365drills_pack.jpg
We will keep the £49.99 kit (seven drills in five popular sizes) as this has a heavy demand.

Oh PS: Send an email to richard@*********.com so I can sort out your free guide plate this week.

very good, very good.
just like fruit pastels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! - As a PLUMBER we need your help to define diamond core tile drill sizes kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock