Discuss Help ccn1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig O'Neil

I'm reading my bpec folder over and over is there any other way I could learn the info in the folder

Make notes on it.

Go through each section and make notes of the really important bits on index cards or old envelopes.

Then give the index cards to family members and get them to test you.

Make notes on it.

Go through each section and make notes of the really important bits on index cards or old envelopes.

Then give the index cards to family members and get them to test you.

Thank you I'll give it a try

I'm reading my bpec folder over and over is there any other way I could learn the info in the folder

Read it, write out bullet points . Read ur notes try and re write then from memory. U don't need to know every word as u can reference in exam! Just the basic principles?

I always use a yellow highlighter pen on the stuff that I'm a little hazy on the first time of reading.

Then I just concentrate on learning the highlighted stuff so the task is easier.

Worked for me the last 30 years (and some........)

Just reference the answers in your book on the day. If you have a good grasp of the subject then you can eliminate the 2 silly answers they give and use the book to find the answer, if you don't already know it of course. Its not a difficult exam tbh

I always use a yellow highlighter pen on the stuff that I'm a little hazy on the first time of reading.

Then I just concentrate on learning the highlighted stuff so the task is easier.

Worked for me the last 30 years (and some........)
Haha I only agree with you if it's minimal use of a highlighter, seriously I've looked in students books to help them find something and actually can't see what I'm looking for as there's too much highlighted

Thats a fair point. I looked at one of my trainees years ago and I thought he had a yellow book!

If they're hazy on everything then I guess it's the old saying,

"If the learner hasn't learnt then the teacher hasn't taught!" At that point I usually look for a new job....

Have you looked at the questions at the back of the book?

I've just recently sat the exams (and passed :)) although if your book is the same as mine there are a few mistakes in it, and answers to questions that aren't there!

Having said that, it makes you read through it in a different way and you pick up a lot while trying to find the answer.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help ccn1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock