Discuss Help: Leaking Aqualisa Colt 609 Shower Cartridge #022801 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIYorRIP

Help: Leaking Aqualisa Colt 609 Shower Cartridge #022801

New replacement cartridge has a groove on the back shaft, into which a white cir-clip sits into, whilst my existing cartridge does not.

Should this matter?

Do i have to sit the cir-clip into this shaft before installing or fit without the circlip?

Thanks in advance.

Have you taken the old o rings off the shower mixer.
Are the new o rings in their correct positions.
Have you over tightened. These cartridges need tightening progressively not just one screw at a time.

Hi Chalked

Thanks for the quick reply.

The old cartridge only had a main gasket on the front (approx 5cm diameter). I replaced the O-ring in the main housing which fixes onto the wall.

But the new cartridge look exactly the same apart from the very back shaft (where the filter if) it had a groove for a supplied white plastic circlip. Also new cartridge comes with a small o-ring which i cannot find on the old one.

I fitted the new without the circlip and it still leaked. Hence i am thinking that this is a wrong cartridge or a modified one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help: Leaking Aqualisa Colt 609 Shower Cartridge #022801 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock