Search the forum,

Discuss help on buying a new gas multipoint water heater please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gnome

hello.
we have an old Corvec Britony II gas water heater with balanced flu. . we only use it to heat water for baths , washing ,showers etc and have electric storage heaters . its time we replaced it and could i please have some recommendations for a new one with similar specs please .
sizing is an issue as i cannot go over 800mm inc flu in height and it would be nice if i could get a similar size one ( as its built into a kitchen wall cupboard) and a similar flu position so it wont disturb too much brickwork to the outside of the house. the RINNAI 11i and 16i looked quite similar ! .
any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at the Vokera aquanova
thank-you. have had a look BUT the clearance this model must have is 600mm and i only have approx 100mm or so clearance in front of it as it would be inside the kitchen cabinet .
do all multipoint water heaters need this much clearance .... seems excessive to me .
edit .... not an issue as the 600mm clearance required is for maintenance purposes and i can simply remove the dummy cabinet around it to allow these tolerances for future maintainance

Get a local gas safe engineer out who may be able to offer alternatived

I was comparing these the other day i compared Ariston Next, Rinnai 16i, Vokera aquanova and Main

Out of them Main FF requires the least servicing/operational clearances

Why not consider replacing your electric storage heaters for a gas system (Combi / Radiators) will be more controllable and cheaper to run

Why not consider replacing your electric storage heaters for a gas system (Combi / Radiators) will be more controllable and cheaper to run
house now fully decorated and concrete floors . it would mean ripping out section of new kitchen a relayng exposed pipes all round the house so its a no no , but yes cheaper

600mm is normally a service gap ie when the cupboard door is open is there 600mm in front. I have fitted the Main in the past. I have also heard good things about Rinnai

Whatever you replace it with have you checked what clearances are required for the new flue, Rinnai works very well, I deal with some of these on camp sites,

600mm is normally a service gap ie when the cupboard door is open is there 600mm in front. I have fitted the Main in the past. I have also heard good things about Rinnai
lol, ... just sussed that out . i thought it was a safety requirement etc

Whatever you replace it with have you checked what clearances are required for the new flue, Rinnai works very well, I deal with some of these on camp sites,
i was hoping the new model would be similar in dimentions and flu postion (balanced flu) as opposed to a fan flu which is on top and thus would mean another new exit hole in the brickwork . so a balanced flu would be preferred as these are lower down the unit as opposed to on top ... is this correct .

the rannai fan flus are round and on top and wont line up with my square balanced flu hole .... wished ranni did a balanced square flu model( lower flu position ) or do they !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help on buying a new gas multipoint water heater please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock