Discuss Help please on No dhw on Keston C36 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbSafe

I have a breakdown, Keston c36 with no hot water, it was not circulating from pump hydroblock to the plate heat exchanger, so I fitted a new 3 3 way valve, still not moving over to hot water, replaced dhw thermister, still no hot water, the flow switch is working and the boiler is starting up, but won't send it round the dhw heat exchanger. Any thoughts lads. Cheers

I was told by another engineer on the CC that it could be the Capacitor to the 3 way valve. any other thoughts, could it be the control box board or the DHW Thermistor.

no the HEX is clear as I can manually divert the flow in to it once I take the 3 way motor out and push the diverter arm with my finger, the 3 way valve does not move out on DHW, it stays in keeping it on HTG, On DHW it operates the flow switch and even ignites the boiler, it just does not divert to the Plate HEX, I am thinking its either the Control Box PCB or the in-line Capacitor as there is power to the 3 way valve moter, it has 2mm of movement but not enough to push the arm to the DHW. any other Ideas

If you can get hold of the capacitor reasonly quickly I'd try that 1st.

it was the capacitor, part c36 combi r-c assembly c.10c.4.20.00.0 (the red one)

A capacitor is a passive electronic component consisting of a pair of conductors separated by a dielectric (insulator). When there is a potential difference (voltage) across the conductors, a static electric field develops in the dielectric that stores energy and produces a mechanical force between the conductors. An ideal capacitor is characterized by a single constant value, capacitance, measured in farads. This is the ratio of the electric charge on each conductor to the potential difference between them.
Capacitors are widely used in electronic circuits for blocking direct current while allowing alternating current to pass, in filter networks, for smoothing the output of power supplies, in the resonant circuits that tune radios to particular frequencies and for many other purposes.
The effect is greatest when there is a narrow separation between large areas of conductor, hence capacitor conductors are often called "plates", referring to an early means of construction. In practice the dielectric between the plates passes a small amount of leakage current and also has an electric field strength limit, resulting in a breakdown voltage, while the conductors and leads introduce an undesired inductance and resistance.

very professional technical description of capacitor ! thank you Reg Man !you obviously now your staff.In another words what is his job in the boiler! and why has he fail in this occasion ???

Its amazing what you can find out on the internet (LOL), did you understand it? I struggled, so must not take credit. I think its all about making sure a smooth delivery of power. This is quite a common fault on the C36.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please on No dhw on Keston C36 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
hello good forums Keston C36 combi boiler constantly gives error code e11. (sometimes i see error code E03) From my own research, I found the...
Replies
Views
Heating System Have 2 houses where identical Heating systems installed (self & neighbour) In Dec both Baxi boilers were replaced with Viessmann...
Replies
Views
Hi experts, i'm looking for some advice to get to the bottom of my boiler problem. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultimate 40FF so a traditional NOT...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back