Search the forum,

Discuss Help please with New Build project in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I am a Registered Plumber, Gas-Safe registered, and have unvented certificate. I normally work on extensions & refurbishments, but its a long time since I did my plumbing C&G, and (shame on me !!) I don't feel fully conversant with all the latest Regs.
I am starting work on a new build project (2 semi-detached houses) plumbing & heating, and want to make sure that I don't fall foul of Building Regs or NHBC requirements.
Maybe I need to do some serious reading, but time is of the essence as I start tomorrow !
Main areas of concern I need info on are:
Part G hot water to baths & showers temperature controlled by TMV's
Info on pipe insulation - just loft space & under vented floors ? no need to insulate in 1st floor voids ? Insulation thickness.
Check valve requirements (single/double?) for mixers Unvented HW & mains throughout.
Part ???? I now need seperate zone for 1st & 2nd floor heating and another for ground floor.
Pipes in ground floor screed My understanding is that it should be ducted or in conduit - but NHBC are happy with it buried in screed (Hep2O heating and H&C) so builder doesn't want to make up ducts for it.
If anyone can think of any other recent changes, or things specific for new builds, I would be very grateful.
I know I need to do some CPD !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please with New Build project in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi what is a rough guide cost for labour only in a typical 4 bed house new build in england Air source heat pump with Unvented cylinder Underfloor heating ground floor amd Underfloor heating 1st floor 1 Bathroom 2 ensuites Just a rough guide price thanks
Replies
Views
Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British Gas (valiant brand). The external boiler flue seems excessively tall, proving to be somewhat of an eye sore (please see pictures attached). I know it...
Replies
Views
Hi , recently moved into a DWH Barrett home , 3 bed house . The heating is zoned but in one bedroom only upstairs with the other bedrooms controlled by downstairs . Totally pointless system . Have contacted NHBC building control who signed this off and investigating as i feel they are not in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm due to start building a new side extension on a 3 bed semi, it's across the driveway up to the boundary. We're adding a downstairs toilet and utility room. The existing soil stack will be retained and boxed in with added rodding eye as it's well positioned for the existing 1st...
Replies
Views
Hi all. New to this. I Will Try and explain best I can. Large New build (2.5yrs old) with block and beam flooring. Then Membrane Then celotex Then membrane Wet system underfloor heating In approx 2-3” of screed I think Then tiled throughout 15mm Hot and cold copper pipes, felt lagged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock