Search the forum,

Discuss Help what are these in my new house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are these ? They are in the living room and two bedrooms

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4806.JPG

IMG_4606.jpg

The photos aren't very clear, but I think that they must be 'heat recovery' ventilators.

In the first photo, is that a small inspection hatch at the bottom? If so turn the power off and have a look inside, it might enlighten you.
Any signs of damp in the rooms?

Air Domestique (from label on side) manufacturer ventilation equipment, specifically for use in noisy locations, e.g near airports.

If they are mounted on a wall that faces a road they were probably for ventillation without opening windows as posts above.

If so, the double glazing and fans were paid for by the now Dept for Transport due excessive road noise.

Is there a By pass or Motorway built nearby that may have taken traffic away from the road you live on?
If so the fans won't be needed.
Or if you're replacing the windows they probably won't be needed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help what are these in my new house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock