Discuss HMRC Vehicle checks (scrap metal) today in Sheffield in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Why buggers? If they catch a few light fingered metal thieves that can only be a good thing surely?

Why buggers? If they catch a few light fingered metal thieves that can only be a good thing surely?

That would be a good thing but we all know the real reason behind it - once a van is pulled over the HMRC have an excuse to do some snooping. This is more a heads up for the law abiding tradesmen who may have innocently overlooked something.

What like buying a waste licence?

Or being slightly overloaded
or insecure loads., in their opinion,
or use of home brewed biodiesel without the appropriate paperwork
or minor defects on the vehicle
or evidence of smoking in a company vehicle

They were around the Manchester area a couple of weeks ago, it appears you must have a copy of the waste transfer license in all of your vehicles, if you, like us take your bts of rubbish back to the skip in the yard.

I've got one in mine just in case, despite the fact that I don't smoke.

what the hell is the tax office pulling vehicles for? should that not be the vosa and police??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HMRC Vehicle checks (scrap metal) today in Sheffield in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

CP6 Back in Stock. Service & Maintenance Check List. The new CP6 pad includes guidance on the cover (rather than rear of the form) to allow gas...
Replies
Views
Catherine Dick was prosecuted by Halton Borough Council Trading Standards. The 33-year-old from Clayton Crescent in Runcorn, pleaded guilty to...
Replies
Views
I called the scrap metal merchants today to find out they are paying just £ 2.10 per kg on braisey copper which used to fetch £ 3.50+. Do I...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Hi To All Seniors.. I'm Posting This Thread .. as I was Reading This on Gas Safe Website and it really confused me. I Usually while doing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I work for a manufacturer and got called to a job today under warranty as the customer had reported co alarm going off, just want to get...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock