Discuss Home owner or tennent?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 takes on this.

The first as a tradesman: my contract is with the customer who called me out not the landlord, unless, of course he called me. Most definetly underhanded in this case by the customer/tennant, I would have billed them there and then, then explained that if they call out a tradesman they take the responsibilty to pay and then claim the money from the landlord.

Secondly, as a landlord, I would not be impressed by my tennant, if, my tennants called out a tradesman then I would explain to the tradesman that the contract is between You (tradesman) and the tennant, very sorry.

UNLESS: I was away for a week or three and unable to be contacted then special circumstances would apply then I would pick up the bill providing I thought it was reasonable.

I do think it is ridiculous though to have to prove whose responsible for the bill, most people, who actually call a tradesman know they'll have to pay. Tennant in this case is taking the mick...

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree! The fact he let me diagnose the problem before telling me he was a tennant! Never mind, looks like its going to be a simple outcome. (hopefully) Nothing is settled until bill is paid.

i always ask on the phone , "whos responsible for paying is it you property or your landlord . just so i konw which paper work to bring thanks "

i always ask on the phone , "whos responsible for paying is it you property or your landlord . just so i konw which paper work to bring thanks "
Do you ask every customer who phone's you, if the are the home owner?

not as blunt as that may read but i always ask beofre going out, and drop it in tho the conversation when i get there. dont get me wrong i have had the odd beef with some after who have said its not there property its the lanlords , to which i simply have replied so you lied to me ealrier. and remove my parts

at the end of the day guys and girls were all in bussines one way or another to make money

work to live not live to work

Told you it will probably work out okay.

You never know, you might get a few calls from the agents as well for their other properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Home owner or tennent?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock