Discuss Honey CR04 Capacitor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nick: Backup capacitor

Hui. My Honeywell CR04 Controller is losing its settings every time the house power trips. I see there is a capacitor installed on the back face which appears to be a memory backup capacitor. I have soldering skills, so is it just a case of replacing this component? Cheers

I believe that model uses a battery backup to remember settings so either what you are looking at is a battery not a capacitor or you're looking at the wrong thing. According to the CR04 manual:

"In the event of power failure to the unit, the remote control unit will maintain the settings for up to 5 hours as long has the unit has been charged for at least 1 hour."

Batteries should last at least five years and usually much longer. Is the unit wired in correctly and is the house wiring sound? If so, why do you think you are experiencing power outages?

Reply to Honey CR04 Capacitor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock