Discuss Honeywell ST9400C - Have to put HW & CH on to get hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

May parents have a Honeywell ST9400C, when they want to heat up the emersion heater they have to switch the HW & CH on to get hot water. With the CH on as the same time the house gets very hot, just to have a shower! CAn any one advise what can be wrong?

Could be a port valve stuck or the timer turn the room stat down does the heating still come on ?

An electrician installed it, since he fitted it, it hasn't been right (That was a couple of years ago, I am only finding about it now) perhaps the wiring is in the wrong ports? What do you think?

Could be not wired right at the timer eg both into one side

Reply to Honeywell ST9400C - Have to put HW & CH on to get hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Back