Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell T4R wireless range to boiler relay in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

O

Ollie R

Hi all, we have a house with solid stone walls with a combi boiler serving it from a block built outbuilding next door.

Currently there's a Siemens RDJ10 thermostat in the hall which is not much good as the temperature is very different in the open plan kitchen diner.
I was thinking of getting a Honeywell T4R as a I previously had a CM927 which worked very well, but if I'm wondering if the the wireless from the boiler relay in the outbuilding to the thermostat in the house is going to be reliable enough through all that stone and blockwork. Is it possible to wire the relay or can it be put where the existing thermostat is in the hall?

many thanks,
Ollie

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for your question - stone walls can be thick sometimes!!

Any members got any advice for Ollie?

If the CM927 wireless link worked well, I'd expect using a T4R (Honeywell's recommended replacement) to be fine also.

If you are running cables between separate buildings, I'd recommend consulting an electrician. (You need to be careful about the earthing and lightning/surge protection arrangements.) Wireless (or fibre optic) links avoid these issues.

Last edited:

Reply to Honeywell T4R wireless range to boiler relay in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock