Search the forum,

Discuss Hoses not long enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was wondering what the simplest method for getting the copper pipes to the hoses would be in this scenario?Imgur

From what I've read it would be something along the lines of removing the existing compression piece (tap piece?) and adding a 90 degree bend using a compression piece and then adding some more copper?

I'm fairly new to diy plumbing so was looking to check with more experienced people.

Also would I need to drain the whole system first to stop water going everywhere? I'd prefer to avoid doing this if possible.

The other slight issue I think I might have is that the current cold water only has one connection but I am going to need it to service both a tap and a dishwasher.

Thanks,

TBH easiest way is to get a pro in

But yes replace the stop ends / ISO valves with elbows set one up or down so they don't cross each other and sounds like you need one or two washing machine connections (if you have a dishwasher also)

This also doesn’t look like it is fitted right

28BFABE1-C7B6-4D2E-9D2D-0EDB84DD15F9.jpeg

Yea - fair enough.

I've messaged my Plumber and I am awaiting for him to reply.

Only learn through a couple of mistakes sometimes though. Was looking to get some water to the sink as a temporary measure until he was available, but as suggested looking crap already.

Thanks,

Yea everything is just there to see how it lined up. I would not have the confidence to do anything which could have lasting damage. I was only getting a flavour for how this stuff works.

The piece on the far right has the bung missing too if you are looking for more issues!

It will save you your excess and increased home insurance premiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hoses not long enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock