Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water but no central heating - Ideal Logic 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danny Dodge

We had this problem a few months ago, where we had heating but no hot water, and the problem was solved by one of the methods (not sure which as we did all of this at once and it could have been any of them or none of them) - I changed the batteries in the (Honeywell wireless) thermostat, synchronized the thermostat again with the receiver box next to the boiler, pulled out the white pipe under the boiler which apparently can get blocked and emptied it, left the boiler turned off at the plug for several hours, and, while it didn't fix it that day, the heating came on the next day.
Up until the point that it began to work again, every time we reset it, hot water would reach the radiators and the pipes would warm up for a few minutes and then go cold again.

A few times at random over the last three/four months since that happened, we have had random days where the heating failed to start as per the automatic timer in the morning and had to be turned on by turning the thermostat down to 0 and then back up to the desired temp, and most times it would work at the time, and a few times it didn't work again until the following day.

This time, since Friday, the heating has remained off, I have gone through all of the steps as mentioned (except resyncing the thermostat, as I can see that they are synced by the fact that the green light on the receiver blinks when I turn the stat), and when I power the boiler off, and then back on, the blue (pilot?) light comes on, and the display shows a "0" (or occasionally "P" for preheat).
I have also checked the pressure gauge and it is between 1 and 2, at the usual pressure that we switch it to when we need to adjust that.
We have hot water, the boiler's water will reach the radiators for a time (indicating to me that it probably isn't a blockage), I've tried playing with the timers, and switching to "continuous" in case the timers were presenting a problem, the pressure is up, the display isn't showing an error code, just a "0" which according to the manual means that it is waiting for the call for the water. I have no idea what it could be, any ideas?

Thanks.

time to call a gas safe eng out

we are good but not that good as sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay for a man and his meter to diagnose the issue. Bit like calling your doctor and not letting him see any symptoms otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water but no central heating - Ideal Logic 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock