Discuss Hot water only works when more than one hot tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Apologies if this is anally question but doesn't that rule kind of render this forum useless? If nobody is allowed to suggest what the answer to a problem might be for fear that they might try to fix it themselves then surely anybody that is not qualified should not be allowed on the forum as the answer to any question would always be the same. Ie get a qualified gas fitter to look at it.
Some people don’t know about gas safe or getting a qualified engineer. Hence the advice we offer. We can discuss other topics, we could also steer you if we thought the problem was nothing to do with you boiler. Ps it’s not fear it’s illegal

Apologies if this is anally question but doesn't that rule kind of render this forum useless? If nobody is allowed to suggest what the answer to a problem might be for fear that they might try to fix it themselves then surely anybody that is not qualified should not be allowed on the forum as the answer to any question would always be the same. Ie get a qualified gas fitter to look at it.

Luigi, we get lots of non registered people on this forum, quite a lot who thank us for the advice and time taken (our own time for no remuneration) to answer such queries. We do offer gas related advice if it’s not how to fix something, but maybe a flue that’s questionable, clearances on pipes, flues etc. If it’s a fault on a boiler then unless it’s a simple fix like a filling loop left open, then we are always going to suggest a gas safe registered engineer.

Theres nothing the sparks couldve done to cause the problem, unless he took the cover off and messed around the internals. Its a coincidence.
Have you got the possibility to measure how many liters per minute of hot water are you getting at each tap, including shower head? Unlikely you have a measuring cup, perhaps get a 10L bucket and see if it fills up within 1 minute, you should be getting at least 7-8 liters at every tap. Unlikely you have a restriction, but worth checking. If you have less, see if the cold and hot valves under the boiler are fully open. Also check ch pressure, if too low it could be on the brink of shutting down, but opening 2 taps makes it come on (i know it doesnt make much sense but old boilers are very responsive to stupid ideas that wont work on new ones). If these check out, the problem is on the inside. Careful, not every gas safe eng knows how to troubleshoot when dealing with breakdowns, I swear 99% will just throw new parts at it until the problem goes away, and even then some couldnt say what was it that they just fixed. The component you need (if you need it), will cost pennies compared to usual boiler component prices. Do not get fooled into changing the pcb or diverter valve, problem is not those.

Reply to Hot water only works when more than one hot tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views
Back