Discuss Hot water Problem - indirect heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sallyf

Hi - I wonder if you can help. My immersion heater broke the other day, and I got my landlord to get it fixed. They came back four times to fix it, yet every time there was a problem. I've now had a Backer Immersion heater installed, brand new, yet 5 days later it's failed again.

I'm not sure what is wrong with it. When it was being fixed, they said that the electrics were fine. I've pressed the reset button, and nothing happens. It's on a timer, and have put it on constant, and nothing. It's getting to a point of despair, as it originally went off two weeks ago, and I've had hot water on and off in that time.

It was running lukewarm yesterday morning, and then suddenly switched to cold. The heat settings are set correctly.

Any help/suggestions would be great, as it seems the company the landlord is using, not only hides our towels after using, but also doesn't fix it.

Hi I would suggest you forward your post to the landlord, as they may not be aware of the service provided by their contractors.

Thanks for your reply. I intend on letting them know, but rather than wait until Tuesday at earliest to get fixed, I wanted to see if I can try and make it work myself.

Hi Sally. Watch your electric meter when the heater is turned on. You should see a mark speed up, if the heater is using power/electric. I have come across a situation where the cylinder would not heat up. after a lot of investigation (on a hotel) i found a hot supply feeding a annex. The supply had burst and was discharging water under ground, this flow through the cylinder was passing to quike to heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water Problem - indirect heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock