Discuss Hot water ring main in the bungalow roof void rather than screed in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Why are we suddenly against conventional soldered joints? I know it's loft work and there is a fire risk during installation which requires extra care and attention, but I've never not soldered. Has protocol suddenly changed in the last 9 months since I've been abroad?

Why are we suddenly against conventional soldered joints? I know it's loft work and there is a fire risk during installation which requires extra care and attention, but I've never not soldered. Has protocol suddenly changed in the last 9 months since I've been abroad?
we are not against them bud and to answer your question no protocol has not changed soldered joints are perfectly acceptable, but for renewables heat pumps , plant and equipment its quite normal to use copper tube with press fit fittings even stainless or carbon steel press fit on larger installs up to 108 mm in diameter it avoids the use of heat in the roof space its quicker with sections of supply pipework being fabricated before being crimped up it also avoids contamination of the supply pipework and equipment from flux and solder all thats needed is a cold and hot flush avoiding any chemicals being needed to clean the system internally , self cleaning acid type fluxes are corrosive if left in a newly installed systems often resulting in green residue being present it is essential this is removed as if left in it can cause pin holeing and leaks down the line . Regards kop

all thats needed is a cold and hot flush avoiding any chemicals being needed to clean the system internally
If the OP has new rads though, wouldn't you need some X300 to get any residual oil from fabrication remaining in the radiators, particularly if there are any EPDM rubber seals in the system that will be very vulnerable to oil, or do you think that is largely a myth perpetuated by the inhibitor manufacturers?

If the OP has new rads though, wouldn't you need some X300 to get any residual oil from fabrication remaining in the radiators, particularly if there are any EPDM rubber seals in the system that will be very vulnerable to oil, or do you think that is largely a myth perpetuated by the inhibitor manufacturers?
Manufacturers instructions i guess bud . Kop

Reply to Hot water ring main in the bungalow roof void rather than screed in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back