Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water stops midway through a shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kim Clayton

Hoping someone can help. We have a combi logic 35 boiler and during a shower the water Suddernly goes cold and no hot water comes out. We turn it off and then leave it a few mins before turning it back on and then it usually works - what wrong with it?

This has happened a couple of times yes but mainly occurs when we have the shower on- when we have noticed it happening - I thought maybe diverted valve?

Whatever it is, it's not something that you can fix, nor will we tell you what it is in case you try.

Please post a thread in this sub forum remembering to include your location.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

What's the point of this forum then - This is no help. As a female I want to have an idea before someone comes and tries to rip me off,waste of time

Contrary to what you see on TV we are NOT all rip off merchants. We pride ourselves on giving non tradesmen the correct advice given the information you provide us and the regulations in force.

Rest assured, if you employ someone off here you will not get ripped off.

They would be torn apart if they attempted to.

What's the point of this forum then - This is no help. As a female I want to have an idea before someone comes and tries to rip me off,waste of time

Kim, ask the guys anything on a different topic within plumbing and you will receive expert help and advice often including what and where to buy it.

However combi boilers are gas pressurised tanks which in the hands of uneducated people can bring your house down hence unless you are gas safe proven the forum can`t advise you.

Post in that link that croppie gave you and ask for the guys gsr card when he attends and rest easy that you wont be ripped off.

As above Kim,

We can only advise you on things that are not gas related to the boilers operation as to open it up you are potentially putting yourself and people around you at risk as well as possibly causing more problems with the boiler as well as breaching gas regulations & possibly invalidate the warranty if applicable.

As Croppie and the guys state it is in your own best interests to get a GSR engineer out to sort for you or if you are worried about getting ripped off it would be worth you contacting Ideal and see if they can do a fixed price repair for you if not under manufacturers warranty.

At least that way you will know the cost before work commences and if the fault is still there they will keep going until the fault is rectified at no additional cost to you.

If you could also tell us whether you have had any other plumbing work recently carried out as that can have an effect on the operation of the boiler with respect to the supply of hot water and we can help you out there.

Thanks,

Andy

I don't think the fault is with the boiler, more likely the thermostat in the shower valve is at fault, these will fail and only let cold water through so that you don't get scaled in the shower, depending on make of shower it would be a reasonable cost to repair or replace.

I don't think the fault is with the boiler, more likely the thermostat in the shower valve is at fault, these will fail and only let cold water through so that you don't get scaled in the shower, depending on make of shower it would be a reasonable cost to repair or replace.

Which is why I asked if the fault happened with the taps too, she said it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water stops midway through a shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock