Discuss How do I re-pressurize my Alpha CD35C boiler? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

First of all, apologies for the quality of the attached image - unfortunately the access to the underside of the boiler is quite tight, so I had to stitch a few pictures together to be able to show it all!

As mentioned in the title, I'm wondering how I would go about re-pressuring my boiler? It's an Alpha CD35C if that helps.

From looking up how to re-pressuring a boiler online, it looks like they always open two valves, but on my boiler, I can only see one. I have tried turning the blue valve (labelled 1 in the image below), but opening this doesn't seem to do anything (I can't hear water flowing, the pressure gauge doesn't rise etc.). Do I need to open something else up?

I've labelled 2, 3 + 4 on the attached image as possible things I need to use a screwdriver on to turn, so I'd appreciate advise on what I need to do for this boiler. I could also be totally wrong that the blue valve has anything to do with re-pressuring the boiler, so please let me know if I'm being stupid!

2022-11-06_17-52.jpg

Thanks,

Joe

2 and 1

Make sure the 2 slot is inline with the pipe / flex

Open 1 slowly until you hear water entering

1-1.2 bar close 1 and reset 2 back to where it was

Thanks for the quick response!

Here's a close up shot of 2 (apologies for it being a bit blurry) - it actually doesn't look like this is something a flathead screwdriver can turn, I guess it needs some plyers (or does it need some kind of key)? If I need to use plyers, I guess I just turn it a bit (there's no indiator I can see that shows when its open)?

Attachments

• IMG_20221106_182616.jpg
    IMG_20221106_182616.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 11
Looks like the blue lever has snapped off that one so yes on the pliers

Cool, thanks!

Last question - I just tried turning 2 a little with some pliers and water started dripping slowly from the valve, is that to be expected? I just wanted to check as I don't want to turn it more and have water gushing out!

Yes pretty standard if it hasn’t been used for a while should stop once it’s back to original position

Reply to How do I re-pressurize my Alpha CD35C boiler? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to increase the pressure in my gas boiler and was under the assumption it just involved opening these two small black valves. I...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a leaking toilet and I need to replace the filling valve device which is a Geberit 810.L3 Type 340 with a 1/2" connector. Problem...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock