Discuss How do you flush a central heating system without powerflushing machine? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbing1981

Hello all

I want to flush out my central heating system but don't really want to be paying the £80 rental charge for the machine. I've heard you can connect a hose to the flow radiator valve and put fernox into the radiator nearest the boiler and then the boilers pump can do the work. Is this possible? Whats the best way of getting the fernox into the radiator? Im guessing you have to siphon the fernox out the bottle into the radiator using a hose? Does anyone know if this works?. Can anyone go into a bit more detail on how to do this? and/or is there another method where you dont need a power flushing machine? Alot of questions i know.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Drain off some water from rads with ball valve isolated or tied up, pour in fernox cleaner and leave in system as directed on bottle.

Flush out before the maximum time for it to left in system.

This will not clean it as well as a power flush.

Fit Magnaclean, sentinal system cleaner or fernox Magnet cleaner after flushing

Eco

put cleaner in for a max time it says on bottle. remove a rad. put hose from mains cold water on one of the rad valves and a hose to drain from on the other valve. close all rads but one. turn on the hose and flush thru till clear then close rad and flush the next working ur way round system. Remove each rad and hose thru in garden for a better flush

put cleaner in for a max time it says on bottle. remove a rad. put hose from mains cold water on one of the rad valves and a hose to drain from on the other valve. close all rads but one. turn on the hose and flush thru till clear then close rad and flush the next working ur way round system. Remove each rad and hose thru in garden for a better flush

may have a problem doing this as its a open system and would need to cap feed pipe and vent or would have a flood possibly

you are wasting your time and money if you going to just put the Fernox in the system ! hire a profession competent person to do it , headache free and no waisted £ and time and water everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you flush a central heating system without powerflushing machine? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock