Search the forum,

Discuss How likely is this to burst? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I recently had some intrusive works carried out in my flat to find the potential source of a drainage smell.
When the contractor cut the inspection hole he managed to cut through the insulating foam and nick one of my central heating flexible pex pipes.

Looking at the pictures, do you think this is bad enough to worry about? has he cut through too much of the pipe wall and therefore almost certain to leak over time?

And if so, is there a way to reinforce it without opening up the wall and changing that pipe?

Your advice is much appreciated,
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_5253.PNG
    IMG_5253.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5261.PNG
    IMG_5261.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
  • pvc pipe.jpg
    pvc pipe.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi mate, thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Although 'Undertrained' doesn't fill me with the most confidence 😅. I'm going to hold out for 5 out of 5 "it will be fines" before I seal the wall. That's 1/5. 👍
I have thought of changing my username. I’ve been doing the job nearly 18 years, I just didn’t get the best training in other areas.

I agree - prob ok.
Obviously not ideal but would prob rather that than a buried fitting.
Could pressure test to make sure or wrap with silicone compression repair tape for peace of mind (LLFA for example)
Thanks for the reply Knappers, I appreciate it. That's 2/5 👍
Exactly, I think I would prefer that to a buried join. Repair tape sounds like a good shout, I'll just need to open up the hole some more to get decent access to get round the area. I've seen a couple of videos of that stuff in action and it looks legit for peace of mind as you said.

Reply to How likely is this to burst? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock