Discuss How long leaving F3 Fernox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Cant find anywhere this:

If you leave cleaner in a central heating system for over 2 months, will it be causing damage?

I always thought it would. I thought it was acidic but ive found out its alkali so wont eat at any metal

Any1 know the answer?

Fernox rep once told me the f3 and 5 naturally degrades after time to inert substances, though can find no reference to this on their website

try pouring caustic soda on your car roof if you think alkali wont eat metal:)

try pouring caustic soda on your car roof if you think alkali wont eat metal:)

Stupid advice, if you've alreay followed lame's idea quickly wash it off with break fluid.

Lol lame, thanks roger, yeah cant find anywhere what damage it will do if left in system. Guy who i work for has forgot about the job... Least its not my name on the job!

Fernox rep once told me the f3 and 5 naturally degrades after time to inert substances, though can find no reference to this on their website

I was told the same as roger by a rep, it will disappear over time

I can understand ralgex/deep heat cream getting on the old man but break fluid, taking the lady and the mechanic play roles too far:):):)

Cant find anywhere this:

If you leave cleaner in a central heating system for over 2 months, will it be causing damage?

I always thought it would. I thought it was acidic but ive found out its alkali so wont eat at any metal

Any1 know the answer?

It only has a certain active capacity per bottle so I guess he's right.

Nothing acidic in F3 only thing to watch is that if its doing its job it will be mobilising all that lovely sludge and sending it to the next magnetic field of attraction...the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long leaving F3 Fernox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock