Discuss how to deal with the tiled wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
I am going to install an extract fan in a bathroom. it is on first floor. it should be a quick job but the outside wall is tiled wall, the tiles are about 100mmx100mm, how to make it nice? what kind of kit shall i buy?

cheers

Or you can draw a circle slightly bigger than the extractor vent and stich drill it then knock out the centre with a hammer and chisel, thats how we used to do it

lump_hammer-large.jpg

:cool:

or drill a small pilot hole 10mm then drill out until you hit the cavity and then from out in until you hit the cavity. then all`s good

what i mainly concern is the outside look of the flue, how to make it nice? can i just use this kit without anything else?

cheers
11784_P

Last edited:
Yes you can use that vent with the white flexible plastic duct to connect the fan to the outside.

You can hire a core bit from a local tool hire place. Get the size bigger then the duct or you'll struggle to.get it through. If you have an sds drill you could use that to drill the hole, you should really use a proper core drill but I've used my trusty sds to drill many core holes and its been fine.

Go gently and let the.core do the work. Don't push it too much.

If the first floor is the top floor you can keep the wiring out of sight by feeding the cable up through the cavity and into the loft and connect to power supply up there. It's tricky to do but can be done.

Hope that helps.

As I said before stich drill it I am sure you have a masonry bit with yer drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to deal with the tiled wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock