Search the forum,

Discuss How to set up wood stove + back boiler safely in off-grid situation? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Daedalus

Hello everyone,

I want to be able to set up a wood burning stove utilising a back boiler in a situation where I can’t incorporate an electric pump, ideally heating a water tank and if possible a radiator. I’ve read a lot of info on this but the views seem mixed. Some systems I understand incorporate a radiator to prevent the boiler exploding in event of pump failure, therefore this same method is surely able to do what I want? Or is there a better way?

Regards,
Alex

Might be best to speak to the h2 panel guys see if they could design you something won’t be cheap tho

I would not in case the system blows up (home insurance will not cover ) or death or injury to personal.

House insurance won’t be an issue in this case as I won’t have any. This is for an off-grid cabin / bunker design. Nobody will even know the location. It’s the death and injury I want to avoid! This has to be possible… Come on fellas!

Hi Baxi did a back boiler that had sides in cast iron that would heat 4 radiators many years ago May be a older generation plumber had fitted the system SO Your would burner with back boiler does seem a very similer set up I am doing this as i own one of those boilers my open fire has a disconected back boiler where pipe are disconnected but all original piping & hot water cylinder & cold supply tank is still in the loft i would like to recommision it using the Baxi back boiler so i am interested in the replies you get regards

Reply to How to set up wood stove + back boiler safely in off-grid situation? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock