Discuss Howto calculate radiator size for room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would help if he told us the size of his room and size of currant rad, baffles me why some people get so involved with complicated formulas and calculations just for a radiator, chaps who have been doing this long enough will know by just looking at the room, if rad is slightly oversized so what, there is a proven way to get over this , its called turning down the valve, and most people can do this without calling a engineer, things are to over complicated just no need for half of this BS.

Would help if he told us the size of his room and size of currant rad, baffles me why some people get so involved with complicated formulas and calculations just for a radiator, chaps who have been doing this long enough will know by just looking at the room, if rad is slightly oversized so what, there is a proven way to get over this , its called turning down the valve, and most people can do this without calling a engineer, things are to over complicated just no need for half of this BS.

If he gave the sizes and info I asked for in an earlier post, I would work it out and tell him what output I would recommend. I thought it might be a help.

things are to over complicated just no need

I would tend to agree with that.

It is one of those long winded calculations which is very methodical and precise. The result however, can still be inaccurate due to all the other factors involved, which are seldom taken into account or cannot be measured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Howto calculate radiator size for room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey everyone, I’m hoping you’ll be able to help. I’ll try and make it as short as possible so that someone actually reads it, if you need any more...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm trying to work out why the 'rule of thumb' is ~3 radiators on a single 15mm run... I've calculated the heat demand of my house at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, We currently have 3 old radiators in our living room, the room feels cold in winter and radiators take ages to get warm, system has been...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock