Search the forum,

Discuss Hudson Reed 8" shower rose to ceiling mounted arm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mooresy

Hello all,
What should be a simple task is becoming rather perplexing...
I would like to fit my Hudson reed HEAD 21 to my Hudson Reed ARM15. Head 21 comes with a little plastic bag with a round white plastic disk in it along with a ribber sealing washer. The plastic disk has a tread on the outside edge and a hole in the middle. The hole also doubles up a means of inserting a cross head screwdriver to screw it into the threaded section of the head.
Does the rubber washer go under or on top of the plastic disk. How far should the disk be screwed down. I honestly cannot see how this would seal the head to the arm without cutting off the water supply at the seal.

No instructions on the web site and none enclosed.

Maybe its not even needed for this application and I should just put ptfe tape around the tread on the arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hudson Reed 8" shower rose to ceiling mounted arm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock