Discuss Humming sound in pipes after heating goes off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Mares Lane

Hi all

New boiler installed a couple of months ago, just starting to use the central heating with it. Previously had a Baxi back boiler; the new one is a system boiler, sited in loft.

Pipes are initially all quiet after the heating goes off at 8.30PM, but some hours later - around midnight-1AM, a loud humming noise develops. Doesn't happen every night, only intermittently. Seem to be able to stop it by switching the heating back on for a minute or so. Sometimes this method sorts it out the first time; sometimes you have to do it several times and the sound still takes an hour or so to stop.

I'm guessing that it's air in a pipe and starting the heating again clears it. Sound is very much louder in one particular spot, next to (but not in) the airing cupboard, where the pipes come down from the boiler and water tank in the loft.

Any more ideas??

Get the installers back could be something simple

Reply to Humming sound in pipes after heating goes off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock