Discuss I Am CONFUSED??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So boiler replacement is leaving me with a sore head. My head aches. Property has 3 floors: Basement (where boiler is currently sited and has bedroom & bath, Ground floor, then First floor where another bath is.
My headache is: Why was a Keston C40 fitted there? Property only has 10 radiators. Now customer is requesting that I fit a 40, 45 or 50kw boiler as they intend to convert the loft to 1 other bedroom so a radiator will be needed there. I've tried explaining that a 30kw heat only boiler will do but they seem to be concerned that it will be small?

Show'em the heat loss calcs (including the loft conversion), then the performance data from boiler and then explain why over-sizing isn't a good idea.

As for location, no idea...gas supply enters the house there?

Last edited:
Well if that what they want! just fit it, there house, them what pays the bill, waste of time with some people, Just go with what they want, quite obvious they know best !!!

I come across them all the time mate They think The higher the kilowatt the better the boiler no reasoning with them sometimes. Or even when you told them a Combi boiler isn't suitable for their three bathroom property and they think a higher kilowatt boiler will do the job for them. Internet is a dangerous tool as I've seen a couple of other forums that people say combis are suitable for more than one bathroom

or hotter rads :D

Made me laugh loads, that

you would be surprised how many think its like there old fire bigger the kw the more heat it pumps out which in turn = happy wife/women :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I Am CONFUSED??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi I am new to this forum so forgive me if I add this to the wrong place. I have purchased a 2 storeys property which will be converted to an...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock