Discuss I just spent 8 hours swapping a pedestal basin for a vanity unit basin. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one of these days yesterday!

Fitting a modern (FIrebelly Pod) woodburner, which looked the mutts nuts - Installing external twinwall flue as no chimney, spent the day cutting out the hole in the wall that they were adament that they'd have cored as "their friend is a professional diamond driller"... Shame he cored the hole at 8" instead of 10", and about a gnats nose hair below an RSJ in the wall. First piece of fun...
Then, after installing 90% of the flue system, grabbed the final piece only to find the inner skin distorted and spattered with weld so it wouldn't fit. Cue a 45 minute drive to the nearest suipplier for a replacement at a STUPID price.

Finally got back, finished it off, got it sealed and commisioned and looking good only for the customer's wife to start kicking off massively about the agreed price (as they'd cored the hole), and the fact that some dust had made it's way into the house (because I'd had to chop up their nicely cored hole to the right size)...

Ended up getting home at gone 9 last night, having barely made a profit for the day.

On the plus side, her husband was more than happy withthe job and has passed me a few other really nice recomendations and leads. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that the day wasn't a complete waste of time!

Just to tick everyone off. Allowed 4 hours to take out a basin and fit a vanity unit including running a new waste and fitting lever valves to the supplies for further alterations. Started at 9 and finished at 11. I'd done my days work by 2. It's a shame more days don't go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I just spent 8 hours swapping a pedestal basin for a vanity unit basin. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back