Discuss I took on a sub contractor this week.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ivor Bates

Nice straightforward job, fit 30Cdi combi to wall, nothing to remove as this had been done by the builders, bare walls, fit 3 TRV's fit around 35m of tube on straight wall at most would have to navigate 2 corners...... Asked him to give me a price to do it all, he came back with something silly near £1k lol, told him to have a re-think came back with £600 ok agreed to this. 4 days later he's still there and he's been there every day... nice pipework though... I've got to tax him as well, whole job should not have taken more than a day and a half tops...

if you have more of them pls let me know ! but 600+materials inc tax is inposible job for 4 days !! I would have done it in 1 day !

Well if the price is fixed and his work is tidy then I'd say let him get on with it, is he a new starter?

I was quite slow when I started out.

but Phill 4 days piping a boiler in one room ........,wait till you pressurised it ! and make sure you test the GAS too (OP)!
he must not have any experience at all

Oh I can't fault his work, I'm not sure how long he's been in the business, I'm personally getting slower myself (age) lol...

where are you in London ?

I'm over in Dagenham, but I don't do any work over here or very little to many plumbers and cab drivers live here already... All my work is Central London, different type of clientele altogether, you go when they want you too, not when you can book them in... I think they call themselves high class! lol. Arabs, bankers, embassy staff etc and the like...

if you have more of them pls let me know ! but 600+materials inc tax is inposible job for 4 days !! I would have done it in 1 day !

Got a job in W13 next week, take out floor standing boiler Kingfisher 100CF I think, huge fire place, fit 30CDi i same location, flue out the wall and plume management kit, seal up old flue liner, change a couple of TRV's, change cylinder like for like more or less and fit pump, and wire up... Interested?

but Phill 4 days piping a boiler in one room ........,wait till you pressurised it ! and make sure you test the GAS too (OP)!
he must not have any experience at all

Does sound a long time I suppose but as I don't fit boilers I can't really comment. He might have had big problems with something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I took on a sub contractor this week.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock