Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal classic 260. sparks, burner lights for split sec on and goes out. repeats. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone familiar with this boiler and come across something similar before?

The tech guys said it must be an external control. I'm not so sure.

New fan put in 3 weeks ago.

Colleague thinks pcb or gas valve, leaning towards pcb.

I have ordered a few different parts so hopefully its one of those.

gas valve solenoid not closing and cutting gas off?

Could it be the air pressure switch dropping in and out or the tubes leaking to the aps

Could it be the air pressure switch dropping in and out or the tubes leaking to the aps

I have picked up an aps, that was my first thought until i spoke to tech and they said its something external to the boiler.

Thats one possibility discussed today. I have ordered the gas valve and pcb and aps.

That'll cover it. My bets on flame rectification, it'll be the pcb or a knackered electrode lead.

New fan fitted by someone 3 weeks ago, hose on the back split. Couldn't even see it. Replaced pas as likely on way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal classic 260. sparks, burner lights for split sec on and goes out. repeats. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi When the boiler is needed, the fan starts and the pilot lights but continues to spark. The main burner does not light. I checked the ignition probe and found the lead was damaged so replaced it but I have the same symptoms. The fault finding guide suggests replacing the PCB but I would like...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I'm having trouble with our Ideal Icos HE24 boiler at home as it appears to be short cycling. Going to try and keep this concise but there's a bit of a back story so here goes: The boiler was installed as part of a new-build property in 2006 and broke down in 2014. Ideal came...
Replies
Views
L
right clever clogs, I have a Rayburn XT gas, with power flue, no longer in production thank god. It is the bane of my life and the customers, last year it need a new power flue fan, controls pcb amongst other things. This year it is knackered again. The burner unit is similar to an oil...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Hi I was called to have a look at an Ideal classic FF280 this afternoon. There was power to the boiler as the fan was running (although the impellor was missing) The spark generator (?) in the PCB is flashing There was a light illuminated in the PCB. No spark visible inside combustion...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I bought my house last july. Its a property built in 2005 and came with a Potterton Promax 15HE heat only boiler. The boiler had been previously serviced and maintained by British Gas. We switched suppliers when we bought the house so we do not have any "maintenance scheme" to speak of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock