Discuss IDEAL ELAN 2 RS30: RAD above height of CH Boiler & Expansion Tank? Vented/Semi Grav? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IDEAL ELAN 2 RS30: RAD above height of CH Boiler & Expansion Tank? Vented/Semi G

I see the responses are'nt getting smaller.

So what engineering discipline do you work in.

Re: IDEAL ELAN 2 RS30: RAD above height of CH Boiler & Expansion Tank? Vented/Semi G

Brain surgeon working on rocket scientists :)

Having read all of this I`ve got a headache!

to the op - I think you had some good advice in post no 2.

Update your system, gd joke, since my 1980's CH Boiler averages Gas Consumption of 12 Gas Kwh per hour, I think compares well to modern Combi, Worcester quoted 10 Gas Kwh per hour & 0.150 Elec Kwh when being used, hence for 2 Gas Kwh per hour difference & typical £2k supply & fit install cost think my mechanical timer etc is ok as not bothered about a WiFi Timer/Temp Ctrl from HoneyWell.profession, who cares, security, ex Elec & ex Admin of Business Training Engineering/Construction apprentices of PetroChem Industry.

Usage of gas does not equate to efficiency pal. No one's joking.

You, at this moment in time, are trying to polish a turd.

got to be 25 years old?

Polishing turds, an excellent Mythbusters episode.

I just love that phrase.

mmm well room temp is cosy, and consumption of Gas & Elec compares to modern combi with very little difference, apart from looks & layout

Gas idle consumption: 0.16 Gas Kwh. Gas consumption in use: 12.8 Gas Kwh
Elec idle consumption: 58 W / 1000 = 0.058 Elec KWH. Elec consumption in use: 150 W / 1000 = 0.15 Elec KWH.

I know a Combi looks more sophisticated, but simply put the purpose of a CH Boiler is to heat water consuming Gas & Elec, and efficiency % statistics are useless tat, the only real variables:
GAS consumption: Idle & in use, easily measured from Gas Meter = Units x 32 = Gas Kwh
ELEC consumption: Idle & in use, easily measured from Appliance Watts / 1000 = Elec Kwh
TIME to reach TEMP: so most take 10 mins to reach temperature,
TIME for ROOMS to reach TEMP: depends on system & average rooms, guess an hour +

30 -35 years old. RS so nothing much to break down and easy to fix.
They were great wee boilers.....in their day.

CH Tech Specs: I could say this in many words, here's my spreadsheet with actual figures:

sar1977.karoo.net/CHIdealElan2RS32.xls

mmm well room temp is cosy, and consumption of Gas & Elec compares to modern combi with very little difference, apart from looks & layout

Gas idle consumption: 0.16 Gas Kwh. Gas consumption in use: 12.8 Gas Kwh
Elec idle consumption: 58 W / 1000 = 0.058 Elec KWH. Elec consumption in use: 150 W / 1000 = 0.15 Elec KWH.

I know a Combi looks more sophisticated, but simply put the purpose of a CH Boiler is to heat water consuming Gas & Elec, and efficiency % statistics are useless tat, the only real variables:
GAS consumption: Idle & in use, easily measured from Gas Meter = Units x 32 = Gas Kwh
ELEC consumption: Idle & in use, easily measured from Appliance Watts / 1000 = Elec Kwh
TIME to reach TEMP: so most take 10 mins to reach temperature,
TIME for ROOMS to reach TEMP: depends on system & average rooms, guess an hour +
no one is having a go at your boiler, system, or you.your post was can you fit a rad higher than your f&e tank.?
Answer.... No, on your existing system.
yes..... If you convert it to sealed,or fit a combi.

Don't get into cost to run, or efficiency of your system.

No one mentioned anything about a combi you dont need a combi to have a seald system.
bottom line you cant put a rad above the f&e tank so you either have to raise it or convert to a sealed system.

some of the stuff you put in post 10 is just laughable
modern plumbers know nothing of old systems?
working with copper is easy but why bother when you can use pushfit?
and all you have to do with a boiler is turn of the gas fit it and turn it back on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to IDEAL ELAN 2 RS30: RAD above height of CH Boiler & Expansion Tank? Vented/Semi Grav? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock