Discuss Ideal Isar HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barmyboro

Put heating on today and it all fine house nice and warm then boiler started making rumbling noises. Thought nothing of it switched it off went out, when came back tried to put heating back on boiler wont have it, tries to fire up making rumbling noise, if it is backfiring out of flue outside. Fault codes on ideal isar he24 or F L . Made sure pipes outside were not frozen.
Any ideas apart from scrapping it which seems such a shame its only about 4 year old.

Get a GSR engineer to replace the ignition electrode, the ignition lead and the ignition transformer then all will be well.

ps. your are very fortunate to have had 4 years without it breaking down as the boilers are not very reliable

The condense pipe will be blocked or frozen.

A Gas safe engineer should get it going in no time, and perhaps advise you on how to protect the condense pipe in this cold weather.

check ing unit first, then
detection electrode (flame) if these are both fine, it will be a fault on the pcb, first two costs are not bad, pcb takes only 10mins to change, cost of pcb £80+ good luck, chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought i would let you folks know boiler up and running. Replaced s trap and cleaned gunk out.

put it in the bin 4 years is pushing your luck for a ideal,IMHO

The isar is not a great boiler, imo.

But if you intend to keep running it, I would definetly have it on a contract with any company out there, you will not be wasting the monthly fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Isar HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock