Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 35 constant F1 fault in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my Ideal Logic Combi (ESP1 / 35) has developed an F1 low water pressure fault.
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day.
Same thing happened on Thursday morning, got up no hot water, F1 fault, so refilled again, was ok all day.
Then same thing again today, however, after refilling to 1bar today, the pressure drops back to zero after about 10 mins.
As far as I know there are no leaks on the system, theres no water leaks showing anywhere and no damp patches?
Does anyone know what could be causing this?
NB: the boiler is only 5 to 6 years old.

EDIT: just seen another post on Ideal Logic 35 with similar issue, and a previous suggestion was that it might be a pressure sensor, or possibly a circ pump issues (as some pressure sensors do not sense the static head, but use the pressure at the pump instead?), so if an issue with the pump or sensor that could cause F1 fault? what do you think?
Thanx

Last edited:
Have you checked the safety discharge pipe? Could be a passing prv.
Theres a copper discharge pipe on the outside wall, looks like nothing is coming out of that?
What looks like the condense pipe appears to go into the waste under the sink, the boiler is near the sink and its a new house 5years old, so i assume they connected condense pipe into sink waste, looks like it under the sink.

Boiler might still be under warranty. Certainly worth checking.
Its actually 6 years old and as far as i know its not under warranty. Plus the previous owner (he owned the house for the first four years) did not have the boiler serviced, so even if it was they would probably void it!

Just wondered if my issue with lack of HW due to F1 (low pressure) fault could be the expansion vessel has lost pressure? I think they can be recharged can't they? assuming the diaphragm has not split....

Nope do you have pressure in the system eg 1.2-1.5 bar ?

I can refill the pressure via the filling loop, but the pressure drops after about 5-10 mins, this only started today, this morning.

Is anything dripping outside when you top it up ?

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 35 constant F1 fault in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock