Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ideal Mexico HE30 Hot water works perfect but boiler will not fire for CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Will_Demp

I'm a newbie on this site so please excuse ignorance. I'm not a plumber but do a fair bit of (usually successful) DIY.
I have an Ideal Mexico HE30 condenser boiler that is about 4 years old. I has always worked fine
but recently it developed a fault were the boiler has stopped firing up for the CH, however, it works and starts perfectly for the hot water system.

Despite the boiler not switching on for the CH (no matter how cold it gets !) the CH system appears to be working fine as all the radiators even heat up if the boiler is already switched on for the hot water. The external heating/hot water control panel works fine, I get power through on the CH circuit when 'Advanced' and the room thermostat also has power and switches on/off as expected. (checked with Multi-meter) The control unit display on the boiler also appears to show everything working as normal i.e it is showing 'O' for standby and 'C' when in operation - there are no error codes.

I feel it is some thermostat problem on the boiler itself but don't know enough to figure out how CH would be affected but not the water.

Any suggestions/help gladly appreciated and apologies again if I have made any obvious omissions in description of problem. Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico HE30 Hot water works perfect but boiler will not fire for CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock