Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal pressure for large commercial heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Got a heating system in a large commercial premises to look at, its had a leak and the pressure has dropped to almost nothing. There is an O&M manual for the system but it does not state what the design pressure is for it was, is it likely to be the same a domestic installs 1 - 1.5 bar or higher?

Martin

No pressurisation unit?

Check the safety valve ratings.

How many floors?

What boilers do you have?

Pressurisation unit has failed, 2 floors, not sure of boiler makes.

Can't remember the boiler manufacturer, it did state a max pressure of 6 bar in the boiler paperwork though.

Actually, theres a basement, gnd, 1st and 2nd floor so thats 4 not 2

How old is system? What's pipework like? Heat onlys chug away on 1.25 over two floors? But they arnt on "massive " systems. 600L

You're looking at 1.5bar there.

Make sure the vessel still has its charge at least.

Its a 6 year old system, hard to guage the volume to be honest. Over 150 large rads and 12 u/floor heating manifolds. Pipework is all iron and copper.

Boiler capacity in kW x 10 = volume?
Ufh floor area 0.2m3 per 100m2

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal pressure for large commercial heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock