Discuss Imperial to Metric rad replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to replace some rads downstairs due to age.

It looks like I’ll need to install tails with extensions (20mm either side for neatness) as the new rads would be 40mm to 45mm narrower.

My main concern is that all the rads downstairs have tails with drain off plugs and they are needed as the downstairs rads need to be drained individually during a full drain down.

Do extensions tails with drain off exist? I’m confident enough to swap the rads as I’ve had them off to flush previously but I’d be less confident moving pipe work.

It’s a vented system and for replacing inhibitors so might as well do everything at once.

Or am I planning this wrong?

Thanks

Use these?:

Stelrad Radiator Extension Pieces | Radiators
large-stelrad-ext-pieces.jpg

You can still buy imperial sized radiators.
If you like the design of them, Myson Roundtop rads are still available in imperial sizes.
Might not be your choice.

Reply to Imperial to Metric rad replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock