Search the forum,

Discuss In my Opinion - Very Poor Plumbing Standards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Davmacrat

Hi,
I'm not Plumber. What I am is an electrical, electronic and mechanical engineer of 35 years experience. I recently invited a Plumber of, so he says, 20 years standing into my home to plumb in a en-suite shower room and toilet. The resulting (In my opinion) mess, and pipe pipework, has left me speechless. Do you chaps have a regulatory body, who would be able to assign someone to publish an opinion on the standard of work provided?

Thanks for listening.
D

Hi and welcome, depends if they a member of trade organisation, if that bad if potential of pollution or contamination then try water authority and HSE

Find the how to post a photograph link.
Oh and welcome to the forum.

i do reports like this on a regular basis. where are you?

the first thing i will aske you is what was the cost of the job & who was it, then take it from there!

when i have finished, i can tell you what type of business he comes from, the trade (builder, handy man, fast tracker etc), his qualifications and even the age of who fitted it (to an approximate degree of accuracy).

Last edited by a moderator:
us chaps, dont even have to have any qualifications to call themselves plumbers, I am sorry to say!

Welcome along :)

Few questions.

Was it a builder, home improvement company or a plumber.
Did you get a number of estimates
Did you speak to previous customers
Did you pick the cheapest estimate

Really need to see some pics.

us chaps, dont even have to have any qualifications to call themselves plumbers, I am sorry to say!

i like this definition of a plumber taken from the free dictionary....

'an undercover operative hired to detect or stop leaks of confidential information, often using questionable or illegal methods'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to In my Opinion - Very Poor Plumbing Standards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock