Search the forum,

Discuss Increase Wall Vent Dia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diynot

Hi all,

I have about 120mm dia (four and a half inch) circular vent hole in my kitchen wall.

The issue I am faced with is that Most of the vent kits are either 100mm, 125mm or 150m.

The vent is for extractor hood. Manufacturer recommend min 120m but prefer 150mm for maximum extraction.

What should I do? Do you think I should use a reducer and settle for 100m vent.

Or should I increase the dia, is it possible to increase now that a hole has already been cored though two course of brick wall?

core a 150 hole its in the instructions that is the size.

Don't you do what the manufacturer recommends?

if you don't have the correct size core bit,
or can't get the hole to stop wobbling all over without the drift guide.:86:
Then just resort to stitch drilling around the existing hole and chisel out the surplus,
it should come out easy enough with an existing hole already there...:73:

Screw two horizontal wooden battens 150mm apart above and below the hole. Screw two more vertically to the first two creating a 150mm square frame. Put 150mm core drill in it and pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Increase Wall Vent Dia in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently had a ground floor bathroom/wet room finished off, It's about 3.6m long by 2.7m wide, tiled from floor to ceiling and has no window in there due to a future extension that will take place on the other side of the rear wall. Unfortunately, i've Instantly noticed when...
Replies
Views
Hello, from South Devon. Firstly - I'm not a Gas Safe RGI. I'm considering my options to replace a 23 year old |Ideal Classic FanFare 50,000 kw open vent boiler which works OK but could well terminally fail and I want to be prepared (I'm thinking another fan, gas valve or PCB would be the last...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got a 100mm in-line fan to extract air from the bathroom and was hoping to use what I see as a shortcut for the outlet. There is a soil stack in the same loft space the I thought maybe I could branch into. That would save me drilling through walls OR using a vent cowl & insulated...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, Can you identify the plumbing objects in the picture below? Which one might be giving off a sewage like smell in to the wall cavity? The extractor fan in our upstairs ensuite was giving off a horrible smell so I took it off the wall, put my iphone through the hole and took a photo of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock