Discuss Information on Potterton Gold 12kW Electric Boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A good friend living in Suffolk has a Potterton Gold 12kW Electric boiler and for some months it has been coming on intermittently. Now it does not work at all. There is no problem with the temp/time controller and in fact I have placed a switch on the call input for testing. The power light is on but the call light does not illuminate. Having tried for months to find a suitable service engineer-plumber, the nearest chap lives in Devon! No doubt due to the rather uncommon boiler. I have contacted Baxi-Potterton and they do not have a circuit diagram of the controller etc (I am a retired electronics/physics tutor) but they do not have it. The installation guide is of no use. Does anyone have any experience with the boiler?

Phil Meek

I suggest that your friend tries contacting the manufacturer's service network:

I think it's about £350 for a fixed price repair, which is ca 50% of the price of a new replacement boiler.

AFAIK, Baxi expect repairers to replace PCBs as a single unit and don't support component-level investigation or repairs.

Reply to Information on Potterton Gold 12kW Electric Boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
P
I currently live in a 4 bed end of terrace victorian house, with 11 radiators and two towel rails. Currently have installed a 6kw potterton gold...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I have quite a story and a looking for some advice here. On Thursday during the cold snap our hot water stopped working (in the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock