Search the forum,

Discuss Inline limescale inhibitors ??!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dale Fixter

Hello

Please can you help me. My system currently has a salamander inline scale inhibitor (15mm) installed on the mains cold water inlet, this feeds the whole house system, its probably been there for at least 5-7 yrs. The level of limescale deposited on the appliances/shower is currently high. I live in a very hard water area (RG1 Reading).

I have been doing some reading on the effectiveness of the the various types of inline scale inhibitors on the market such as magnetic/electromagnetic/electrolytic etc... however there seems to be no scientific evidence that they actually work well or work at all, but have read many conflicting reviews of the effects online, which makes me wonder. I do not want to install a water softener.

Are you able to confirm if I change the existing inhibitor that a new one will be effective? can anyone recommend any in particular, through clear evidence they worked.

Thank you for your advice.

Dale

Cistermiser combimates are a good halfway house between a softener and the magnetic jobbies that haven't been proven to work

Get your self a water softener its the only way to 100% stop lime scale, it comes with a cost but definitely worth it, take a look at the Tapworks softeners. I live near Reading and know how bad the water is, i have had my softener a few years now and would not live with out it.

They're are a complete waste of money, another so called must have. All manufacturers **** in the same pot and push each other's items.....we'll sort of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inline limescale inhibitors ??!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock