Discuss Installed Unvented cylinder will cause water pressure high? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

It would be interesting to know how high the pressure became and what the arrangements for expansion and over-pressure situations are.

Taps and pipes are usually tested for maximum 10 bar pressure so it's quite odd that they should fail even if they were old as the pressure might have been kept quite reasonably well below this. I would like reassurance that the correct safety arrangements for limiting the maximum pressure are in place...
Hi how to know the pressure now?---this needs the installer to test?
the arrangements for expansion and over-pressure situation---this needs the installer to tell?

The tap actually brand new...

reassurance that the correct safety arrangements for limiting the maximum pressure are in place...====this again needs my installer of boiler to tell?
Otherwise, how to find out if there's any safety arrangements for limiting the maximum pressure?

Thanks!

Believe it or not it's quite common to have issues with existing pipework on upgraded old systems none of us know what condition the pipework is in and how worn it is ? These problems need to be addressed when they occur and unfortunately sometimes it can be a total re pipe or at least a replacement of faulty sections, your installer should of at least made you aware of the possible problems I always put it in writing to cover eventualities should they happen . Kop

Hi how to know the pressure now?---this needs the installer to test?
the arrangements for expansion and over-pressure situation---this needs the installer to tell?

The tap actually brand new...

reassurance that the correct safety arrangements for limiting the maximum pressure are in place...====this again needs my installer of boiler to tell?
Otherwise, how to find out if there's any safety arrangements for limiting the maximum pressure?

Thanks!
I wouldn't bother actually measuring the pressure but if you can post some pictures of the new cylinder and how it is plumbed in, that will give us some idea. Realistically, it's probably fine and it's just one of those things.

I wouldn't bother actually measuring the pressure but if you can post some pictures of the new cylinder and how it is plumbed in, that will give us some idea. Realistically, it's probably fine and it's just one of those things.
Please see the photos as requested.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Cylinder.jpeg
    Cylinder.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 43
  • expension vessel.jpeg
    expension vessel.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 42
  • motorised valves & pump.jpeg
    motorised valves & pump.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 41
  • pump & pipe .jpeg
    pump & pipe .jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 37
  • pump & pipe.jpeg
    pump & pipe.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 40
Believe it or not it's quite common to have issues with existing pipework on upgraded old systems none of us know what condition the pipework is in and how worn it is ? These problems need to be addressed when they occur and unfortunately sometimes it can be a total re pipe or at least a replacement of faulty sections, your installer should of at least made you aware of the possible problems I always put it in writing to cover eventualities should they happen . Kop
Sadly, my installer did not tell me this, and told me unvented cylinder wouldn't give more pressure.....until the leaks happened twice and then I did research and found it will increase pressure indeed!

Reply to Installed Unvented cylinder will cause water pressure high? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock