Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss installing a programmable room stat to a radiant sirrus boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i have a job to install a programmable rf room stat to a radiant sirrus boiler,now i've never come across one these boilers before and was looking for some guidance on the wiring for it and i'm a bit unsure.
have any of you fuys out there dealt with one of these??

Believe it is the terminal block next to the main L/N/E connections,with terminal blocks linked together as the norm,the link is low voltage though

Believe it is the terminal block next to the main L/N/E connections,with terminal blocks linked together as the norm,the link is low voltage though

puddle mate,are you looking at the wiring diagram in the manual labelled "wiring diagram for remote control installation"? if so i think i get ya!
also as it's a job for a landlord they just want a cheap rf stat and ive found a salus rt500rf for £35....do you think this would be ok? not really used much of their stuff either!! thanks for your help guys.

puddle mate,are you looking at the wiring diagram in the manual labelled "wiring diagram for remote control installation"? if so i think i get ya!
also as it's a job for a landlord they just want a cheap rf stat and ive found a salus rt500rf for £35....do you think this would be ok? not really used much of their stuff either!! thanks for your help guys.

Unfortuanatly am not looking at any manual because do not have one for this boiler and just done quick look on internet and can not find one,am going by memory but if you have manual, would have thought section you mention would seem correct as wiring for remote control installation
As mentioned boiler output circuit for heating is low voltage so on salus
Remove link that bridges live to common
use four core and

form wiring block on boiler link
l to l on salus
n to n on salus
then
remove link in heating circuit terminal block on boiler and link through com and sl on/no and should be ok,but do remember to remove link in salus,as believe comes wired in,otherwise you will have 240v going into low voltage side

puddle...can i email the manual to you so you can see it,just to be on the safe side? pm me with your address.

or is there somewhere on here where i can upload the manual???

Last edited:
Hello,

I was just wondering. Is the thermostat connected with 24v ? As the thermostat says 220v on it.

Hi ThomGerr

The thread that you have posted to is nearly 4 years old.

If you have a technical issue with a Radiant boiler, and your normal GSR engineer cant help, try Portsdean Technical on 01329 828555 or click on this link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installing a programmable room stat to a radiant sirrus boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock